EVANGELISM COMMITTEE meeting will be held at the church on Wednesday October 17 at 6:30 PM.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
Christmas is coming and we will be participating again in Operation Christmas Child sponsored by Samaritan’s Purse. This involves filling shoe boxes with gifts for a child that would not otherwise get any gift at all. Please pick up a brochure and shoeboxes on the table in the narthex, or you can use your own shoebox. The deadline for the filled shoeboxes is NOVEMBER 11. Finished boxes can be placed in the multipurpose room. We hope you will help us bring happy smiles to children’s faces. Any donation for shipping is also appreciated.
Thank you from the Evangelism Committee.
COLLEGE ADDRESS LIST
The Evangelism committee is compiling the college address list for 2018-2019. Please contact anyone on the committee with this information. Thanks!
EVANGELISM ONGOING PROJECTS
1) Need transportation to a doctor’s visit? Contact Betty Schware at 717-866-7511.
2) Be a driver to provide transportation to a doctor’s visit-contact Betty Schware at 717-866-7511.
3) Be a MLC Mentor for new members-contact Pastor B.
4) Recycle used ink and toner cartridges and old cell phones-place in bin leading to multi-purpose room.
5) Collect new and lightly used building supplies and tools for Habitat for Humanity. Place smaller items in the bins leading to the multi-purpose room. For larger items, contact Roy Hoglund at 610-655-7692 or 717-228-8175.
LCCM Lunches: Please note that the Friday lunches continue from 11:30 - 12:30 at ELCO LCCM, Living Stones Christian Fellowship in Newmanstown.
Schaefferstown also has 2 sites for meals. They are on Thursday from 11:30 - 1:00 at Zion UMC and Sunday from 5:30 - 7:00 at St. Luke's Lutheran.
Food Bank Wish List: Canned vegetables, pasta, soup, fruit, boxed stuffing, potatoes, frozen turkeys, hams, baby wipes, diapers, wash cloths, men's pants (28-36), men's shoes (8-10.5), women's skirts, women's dresses, king/queen sheets and blankets.