Pastor B’s Message
The following tidbits are taken from an article in the August 18, 2015 Fishwrapper titled “Can You Believe It?”
1) You are born with 300 bones; by the time you are an adult, you will have 206. (Where do they go?)
2) It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it. (Eat too much and you’ll disappear altogether.)
3) The largest recorded snowflake was 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick. (Aren’t you glad no two snowflakes are alike?)
4) Human thigh bones are stronger then concrete. (Don’t want to put this to the test.)
5) Cockroaches can live several weeks with their heads cut off. (No wonder they say cockroaches will be the last living thing on the planet.)
6) The FDA permits up to 5 whole insects per 100 Grams of apple butter. (That’s why I always mix mine with cottage cheese.)
7) The elephant is the only mammal that can’t jump. (That’s why there are no elephants in the NBA.)
8) 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321. (I’ll let you do the math.)
9) The average American spends about a year and a half of his or her life watching commercials on television. (And they are often better than the TV shows.)
10) Coca-Cola would be green if the food colorant wasn’t added. (I don’t want to know why.)
Here’s one that wasn’t in the article: God loves you so much, he wants you to live with him forever. (No smart remarks, just the God’s honest truth.)
As we arrive at the end of the month we will experience again, and hopefully anew, what Jesus did to make that possible. Hearing of his sacrifice of love is truly something that should “never get old” for us.
Can you believe it? Yes! Yes—you can! God’s home is our home because of Jesus Christ.
Trust it and celebrate it with us, this month and beyond.